4-Stroke Outboard Servicing
At Cambridge Outboards we believe the Annual Service should ensure your Outboard runs faultless for the season ahead and protect your investment against avoidable problems later in its life.
This is why we include the following in EVERY Service...
- On EVERY service we strip, clean and readjust the Carburettor ensuring easy starting, smooth tickover, and smooth pickup.
- On EVERY Service we strip, clean and reassemble the Water Pump with a Brand New Water Pump Impeller and grease every bolt, one of the most important components of your engine, this ensures that the engine is kept cool and runs at the correct temperature. Your engine may be pumping water fine now but the Impeller Rubber can become brittle and break up, this causes low water pressure to the engine and the pieces of broken rubber can block waterways causing the engine to overheat, which could lead to powerhead failure, with a Brand New Impeller fitted you can be safe in the knowledge this will not happen to you this summer.
On every Service we check and replace (where required) the following parts:
- Spark Plugs
- Water Pump Impeller
- New Engine Oil & Oil Filter
- New Gear Oil & Washers
- Fuel Filter
Whilst replacing the new parts above we....
- Strip and check all components of the Water Pump then reassemble and grease as neccesary
- Remove Propeller and Lubricate propeller shaft
- Check condition of recoil starter and rope, lubricate as required
- Check operation of Manual or Power Tilt Mechanism
- Check adjustment of Gear & Throttle Cables. Lubricate as required
- Change Gear Oil, Check for ingress through Gearbox Oil Seals, Replace Fill & Drain Screw Washers
- Check Condition of anode and trim tab, clean or replace as neccesary
- Lubricate Pivot Shaft, All Linkages & Clamp Screws etc
- Check and adjust timing linkages where neccesary
- Check operation of Start in Gear Protection & Neutral Lock
- Check Kill Switch Operation
- Check and adjust carburettors
- Check the operation of the Autolube / Oil Injection Pump where fitted
Finally we Test Run the Engine in the Tank, Carry out final adjustments to ensure its running perfect for the season ahead, then clean and treat with anti corrosion fluid.
The Price for 4-Stroke servicing
Our rate is £42.00 per hour including vat @ 20%
Based on recent services carried out we have produced a price guide for our comprehensive service:
- 2-6HP £79 to £99
- 8-20HP £99 to £129
- 25-30HP £129 to £149
- 40-70HP £159 to £189
- 75HP up from £179
All prices for labour are inclusive of vat but exclude parts.